Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Closed Out VLO, JOSB & ESV

Well Traders, the market swings are becoming absurd. I closed out of three positions today...VLO (for an outstanding profit though it would have been better 2 weeks ago), ESV and JOSB for reasonable losses (less than 1% of portfolio). The VLO gains FAR outweighed the losses so I was in good shape.

I still have positions in BHP, CMTL, STLD and UTX.

Always on my radar are ACH, AKAM, ATW, BOOM, BUCY, CAM, CCJ, CHL, CLF, CROX, CX, EXP, FCX, GRMN, JEC, LFC, MOS, NVDA, PCAR, PICO, RDC, RIO, SBUX, SNDA, STLD, STP, SU, TIE, TDW, UNT, VLO & WFT...to name a few. I have about 300 stocks I look at on a daily basis and while that may seem like a lot, I am so used to the charts that I can almost instaneously recognize if a chart warrants further investigation and analysis.

Regarding PG, it looks like a Bullish Engulfing pattern today, right before earnings.

Happy Trading!

No comments: