Sunday, March 4, 2007

Some "Boring" suggestions (wink)

Contrary to the title of this post, Jeff Boring sent me some ideas for this week. Now, I am no soothesayer so I can't predict what will happen, but let's at least look at some possibilities. Remember, we want to try to follow the prevailing trend of the overall market. "A rising tide lifts ALL boats (and drops them too on a falling tide!)"

Jeff noticed that the Insurance industry seemed to be making a move and gave some stock suggestions. I'll post the charts and give my personal thoughts (which you may or may not agree with) as to what I see. I am never judgemental about someone, especially with what they are looking at, but I certainly will give what would be my analysis of the same.

Here they are: AGP, HLEX, HUM, and UNH (Click on the chart to enlarge, then use the "Back" icon on your browser to return to the Blog)

AGPNow, while AGP seems to be hitting support, and the MACD and STO are favorable for an upturn, the stock has made a lower, low, and the 30DMA and 100DMA are falling, which is Bearish. The 200DMA is flat which is Neutral. I, for one would not play this yet, but may look at a BEARISH play if it makes a lower high, then begins to fall.


HLEXDefinitely a WATCH LIST stock IMHO (In My Humble Opinion). It has reached the top of its channel and the MACD and STO indicate a fall back to support here is possible. If it falls back to both above the lower channel support and above the downward Purple diagonal resistance line, I am buying on the bounce and selling Covered Calls at the top. This could be starting a long term uptrend. Notice the operative word "could."


HUMDefinitely watch this stock. It hit resistance in its channel at the Median Line and has fallen back a bit. The STO and MACD may still have some downside, but it looks like the stock has found support above the red dotted line (Old support). If we get a little bounce, you see where my targets are. Not sure if the Reward/Risk is worth it here, but certainly worth doing some more investigation on your own.


UNHAgain, a stock to keep an eye on. This is CLASSIC INVESTools Method...3 Green Arrows on an uptrending stock with good volume. Resistance is the Median Line in the channel and you could see my price targets.

Don't forget your Stop-Loss entries whenever you place and execute a BUY order. As soon as the trade is placed, you should IMMEDIATELY enter your Stop-Loss (you should ALWAYS know where that is BEFORE you place your buy order).

Be sure to give us some more ideas we can all share.

Happy Trading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,
I really enjoy reading your analysis and comparing it to my thoughts. I'm watching a stock that seems to be channeling nicely. It is WCG. What is your thoughts on this one for a Covered Call trade?
Regards
Keith